1 15-oz can whole tomatoes
1 to 3 fresh jalapeno peppers
1 to 3 fresh Serrano peppers
2 cloves garlic
6 medium fresh tomatoes
1 tsp salt or more, to taste
To Make It:
Prepare and put the ingredients into a blender in this order:
• Open the can of tomatoes and put into a blender. The canned tomatoes go first so you will have plenty of liquid in the bottom.
• Wash and cut off stem end of the jalapeno(s) and Serrano pepper(s). Cut each pepper into 3 or 4 sections. Add the pepper sections next to the blender.
• Separate 2 garlic cloves from the pod. Cut off the ends and peel each clove. Add them next.
• Wash and quarter three or four tomatoes. Cut off the stem parts. Add tomatoes to the blender until the blender is completely full.
• Add 1 to 2 teaspoons salt.
Cover the blender, then jog on highest speed for two to five seconds. Yes, you read that correctly, SECONDS—this doesn’t take long! Push down the tomatoes with a wooden spoon if necessary. Blend for 3 to 5 more seconds. Stir and check for the “chunkiness” you prefer. Blend 3 to 5 more seconds, as desired. Stir. Taste. Add more salt if necessary.
*The first time you make this, go light on the number of jalapenos and/or Serranos you use. If it is not hot enough for you, either mince more peppers and add them to this batch or just add more peppers the next time you make it.
|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Number of Servings||16|
|Amount Per Serving|